POPULAR GAY QUOTES OF 2013

If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am i to judge? (source)
- Pope Francis

“The laws of our land are catching up to the fundamental truth that millions of Americans hold in our hearts: when all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all more free.” (source)
- President Barack Obama

“For decades, this great leader, often at Dr. King’s side, was denied his rightful place in history because he was openly gay. No medal can change that, but today, we honor Bayard Rustin’s memory by taking our place in his march towards true equality, no matter who we are or who we love.” (source)
- President Barack Obama, presenting American Media of Freedom posthumously to Bayard Rustin

LGBT Americans are our colleagues, our teachers, our soldiers, our friends, our loved ones, and they are full and equal citizens and deserve the rights of citizenship. That includes marriage. I support it personally, and as a matter of policy and law.” (source)
- Hillary Clinton, in Human Rights Campaign video

“We ask that (other countries) do not interfere in our regulation.”(source)
- Russian President Vladimir Putin, sining into a law a bill punishing people for “homosexual propaganda” 

"I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven.  No, I would say sorry, I mean, I would rather go the the other place." (source)
- Bishop Desmond Tutu

“You know what they do in San Francisco? Some in the gay community there, they want to get people. So if they got the stuff they’ll have a ring, you shake hands and the ring’s got a little thing where you cut your finger. Really. It’s that kind of vicious stuff, which would be the equivalent of murder.” (source)
- Pat Robertson, religious loon telling how he thinks HIV is spread

“I hope you guys weren’t hoping this would be a big coming out speech tonight, because I already did my coming out about a thousand years ago, back in the stone age. In those very quaint days when a fragile young girl would open up to trusted friends and family, co-workers, and then gradually, proudly to everyone who knew her, to everyone she actually met. But now apparently, I’m told that every celebrity is expected to honor the details of their private life with a press conference, a fragrance, and a prime time reality show … I would have to make out with Marion Cotillard, I would have to spank Daniel Craig’s bottom, you know, just to stay on the air. It’s not bad work if you can get it though.” (source)
- Jodie Foster, accepting Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award at the Golden Globes

You really deserve half of this.  So do you want the bottom, or the top? (source)
- MIchael Douglas thanking co-star Matt Damon for "Behind the Cadelabra" Emmy Win

“Once both gay marriage and marijuana are finally legal, those of you against them are not invited to the really fun parties I’m gonna throw.” (source)
- Zach Braff, actor/director

"Of course I still fancy girls, but right now I'm dating a guy and I couldn't be happier."  (source)
- British Diver Tom Daley

"I am a 34-year-old NBA center.  I am black.  And I am gay.  I didn't set out to be the first openly gay athlete playing in a major American team sport.  But since I am, I'm happy to start the conversation." (source)
- Jason Collins

“I realized I could only truly enjoy my life once I was honest. Honesty is a bitch, but makes life so simple and clear. My secret is gone, I am a free man, I can move on and live my life as my creator intended.” (source)
- Robbie Rogers, soccer player

“I would probably list myself as mostly straight. I’ve met guys all the time that I’m like, Damn, that’s a good-looking guy, you know? I’ve never been, like, Oh, I want to kiss that guy. I really love women. But I think defining yourself as 100% anything is kind of near-sighted and close-minded.” (source)
- Josh Hutcherson, actor

“Thank you for your kind invitation. However, as a gay man, I must decline. I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government. The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly.” (source)
- Wentworth Miller, actor

“I think, at the end of the day, the most special thing is when a mother or a gay person comes up to you and just thanks you and calls you a hero. They say I’m a hero, but I’m just a concerned citizen and I’m just doing the right thing.” (source)
- Brendon Ayanbadejo, football player

“This moon man right here stands for a lot more. This is the most important record out of all of them. Gay rights are human rights, there is no separation.” (source)
- Macklemore, pop artist, accepting MTV Video Music Award

“He (son Jason) doesn’t see me as a (gay) icon, he sees me as his mother who touches his hair too much. No, I love being an icon to anybody. Equal rights, you know?” (source)
- Barbra Streisand

“A lot of my hair stylists and my beauty team that I work with are gay so I hang out with gays a lot and I just think they’re adorable and hilarious.” (source)
- Britney Spears, pop artist

“One day. my kids are gonna be like, ‘What do you mean, gay people couldn’t get married?’ Just like most of my friends are black, and I find it hard to believe that my great-grandmother and even my grandmother couldn’t hang out with black kids when they were young.” (source)
- Miley Cyrus, pop music artist

“O say does that star-spangled flag of pride yet wave? O’er the land of the free, and the home for the gay!” (source)
- Lady Gaga, altering the Star Spangled Banner to kick off NYC Gay Pride
You have read this articleGay Quotes / Quotes with the title POPULAR GAY QUOTES OF 2013. You can bookmark this page URL https://thehalflifeoflinoleum.blogspot.com/2014/01/popular-gay-quotes-of-2013.html. Thanks!
Write by: Unknown - Sunday, January 5, 2014

Comments "POPULAR GAY QUOTES OF 2013"

Post a Comment