A day at the Zoo...

Or should I say Stroller Hell! I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to go to the zoo with my friend Sarah, two of her boys, and a friend of her 6 year old. Really, it was 80 degrees and everyone in 4 counties was on Spring Break. Had I lost my mind?


I arrived at the zoo at 10:20. Zoo Drive is about a mile, mile and a half long street from Nolensville Road leading to the zoo parking lot and entrance. This was one long snaking chain of mini vans moving at 15 miles per hour. The entire parking lot was full, as were two of the grass fields adjacent to the parking lot. Mini van after mini van unloading strollers and small children. Yes, I had lost my ever-lovin' mind.

Once Sarah and her brood had arrived, we waited in line to get in. This wait wasn't too bad, since Sarah has a family membership, and was her guest. Inside, the trails were so crowded with strollers--one of which was Sarah's--that we could barely move. Later, when we decided to eat lunch, we waited in line for food for at least half an hour. After we ate, and I drank a large bottle of water, I really had to pee. Big mistake. The line to the bathrooms was so long, three little kids peed in their pants while waiting in line near me. It took 30 minutes to get to the bathroom. Seriously, little kids don't have that much bladder control to wait in line for 30 minutes! What where they thinking building so few facilities at a Zoo, for crying out loud?

Anyway, it was so crowded that I couldn't get very many photos, but here are some that I did get.










You have read this articlePersonal with the title A day at the Zoo.... You can bookmark this page URL http://thehalflifeoflinoleum.blogspot.com/2007/03/day-at-zoo.html. Thanks!
Write by: RC - Thursday, March 22, 2007

Comments "A day at the Zoo..."

Post a Comment