Santa Fe Workshop - Part 1

I know - things have been silent on the blog lately mostly because I have been furiously trying to catch up on a backlog of processing. It was time to put my poor old PC out to pasture and get another...and let me tell you the new bugger screams! :o)

Anyhows, I am mostly caught up now so decided to start posting some of the images I shot during the creative workshop I took in New Mexico. The instructor of the workshop was the amazing Joe Buissink, who was listed by American Photo as one of the top wedding photographers in the world. Even though the workshop was being taught by a wedding photography master, the focus was not on weddings. Rather it was to allow the professional photographer to get their creative juices flowing in new directions. Joe helped this process by lots of encouragement, constructive criticism, and showing his non-wedding work. I was especially keen to take this workshop because the focus was more than just wedding photography, it was about challenging yourself and looking within as a photographer to find a new creative side within ourselves.

Besides having Joe there to help us on our creative journey, we got to work with some fantastic models. And as I process the photos from my trip, I'll be sharing more about them and what an honor and privilege it was to get to know them and work with them.

In this post, I'd like to introduce Asia. Asia is a relative newcomer to modeling, but man she already rocks! The girl was up for trying anything to help us get the shots we "saw". She was always positive, and as you can see really worked the camera! And yes, that is her kick ^%$ car - when I saw that I knew I had to use it as a prop and Asia was kind enough to oblige. If you are a photographer and ever out Santa Fe way - definitely look her up.

Cheers!
B.

You can check out more photographs from this workshop and Santa Fe in general on my Facebook page.


Portrait Photography
Portrait Photography
Portrait PhotographyPortrait Photography

Portrait PhotographyPortrait Photography
Portrait Photography
Portrait Photography
Portrait Photography
Portrait PhotographyPortrait Photography
Portrait Photography
Portrait PhotographyPortrait Photography
Portrait Photography
You have read this articlePortraits / Travel with the title Santa Fe Workshop - Part 1. You can bookmark this page URL http://thehalflifeoflinoleum.blogspot.com/2009/09/santa-fe-workshop-part-1.html. Thanks!
Write by: RC - Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Comments "Santa Fe Workshop - Part 1"

Post a Comment